By Holly Scheer
Picking an outfit that is just right for church can be complicated. Or not. Here at the Sisters of Katie Luther, we’ve got your back and our authors have worked long and hard (and made mistakes so you don’t have to) to help you pick out something just right. *
In no particular order, here are our best tips to reduce stress when planning out what to wear.
- Same way I pick work clothes–it’s clean and isn’t jeans or shorts
- I make sure my shoes allow me to sprint after my toddler when he runs off (again)
- How hard will it be to receive the Sacrament past the brim of my hat?
- How easy would it be for my toddler to lift this skirt up and show the congregation my underwear?
- Can I make it standing through the Athanasian Creed in heels this high?
- Will I show pastor my bra if I bow at the altar?
- If I’m wearing a long skirt, is it going to create a problem with a child standing on it when we visit a church with kneelers?
- I think I think about clothes too much!
- No words on the shirts
- Is my waistband secure enough that no children can pull my pants down?
- Will a child pulling in this shirt expose me to the world? Or lose a matchbox car down there?
- Can I nurse the baby in the pew without showing too much or without using my cover?
- And have I shaved recently? If I have a clean dress available, i have to take this into consideration, because who has time to shave before the 8am service when you have to get three kids out the door.
- I also wonder if I dress the kids cutely enough if it makes up for what I’m wearing.
- Ha! I let the 5 year old dress himself bc he knows what his church clothes are. The 3 year old wants anything that makes her look like a princess. And the baby gets whatever… The one thing that NEVER crosses my mind is whether we all clash
- After some helpful comments from the people who sit behind me I’m now extremely concerned with whether or not some of my tattoos show when I bend over.
- I’m pretty sure my church blasts the AC during the summer to force the women to cover up with cardigans.
- How do I make my nose ring and/or pink and purple hair less noticeable?
- And how likely is my baby going to pull on these earrings? Love my Luther rose ones, but they’re big and dangly and enticing for baby.
- We should have our kids style us one Sunday!!! What could go wrong?
How do you pick your Sunday outfit? Any tips or tricks on avoiding wardrobe mishaps?